Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hat Shaped card with Kaisercraft Sentiment












Here is a fun card I made today. I cut the shape of the hat out from purple Bazzill cardstock. I then ran it through the cuttlebug using the heart folder. I had to put it through 3 times to get the complete hat covered.I then glued the serviette to the embossed card and inked it so the hearts underneath would show through.
The lime green hearts were cut from a die using the Cuttlebug.I used a thick tape on the back of the cardstock before cutting out the hearts. This meant I could then just peel off the hearts and they were sticky backed.
The sentiment was stamped using a Kaisercraft stamp and then bugged and inked with a Versa Color ink.
The ribbon is an unknown source but the bow was from a box of chocolates.

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful! I never would have thought of a hat for a card! Awesome take on this weeks challenge!! We appreciate you joining us again this week at The Cuttlebug Spot! :)

Libby Dyson said...

This looks fantastic. Will have to have a play at the crop.

Bamabel said...

Too cute! I've made hat cards before too. Aren't they fun? You did a spectacular job!

Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!

Aymee

very_inky_fingers said...

Oh my gosh! This is so beautiful and a wonderful inspiration! Mary GW

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How very pretty!

scrapperjulia said...

This was a great idea, love the colors too!

Carol C. said...

A hat shape card is a PERFECT idea for this challenge; loving the embossed hearts and those colos you used!!! Great job!

Kruemel said...

What a great idea for a shaped card! And with all the purple and violett you used the in-colors for this year. Great job!
Thanks for playing with us this week!

Cuttlehugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Nilda Rockenbach said...

wow.. gorgeous.. I want to wear it.

Thank you for participating in the challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09