Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cuttlebugged Canvas and Dies with Mixed medium Tutorial

1. Run a piece of canvas through the Cuttlebug to emboss it.
2. I have used Tim Holtz Crackle Paint in the green and yellow areas. The blue is an Adirondack Dabber.Apply these thinly and thickly in a rough way on the various parts of the embossed areas.
3.Allow to dry naturally. The thick areas of crackle will crackle and the thin areas will have thin cracks or no cracks.


4. Shade the flower die cuts using the Pearl Dabber.
5. Using the dies from the previous tutorial that have been crackled and dabbered glue them to the canvas in desired locations using Matisse Gel Medium.
http://croppinrose.blogspot.com/2009/04/cuttlebugdies-and-medium-card-tutorial.html
6.Place Kaisercraft Pearls in the centres of desired flowers.



7. Note the flower with the 6 pearls. I used my Crop-o-dial to punch the holes in the flower. I then set the pearls into the holes so they were not raised as much.


8. Paint a thin layer of Gel medium over the top to stop any paint peeling off and to give it a shine.


2 Comments:

Libby Dyson said...

Oh wow Rose-Anne, this is seriously nice. Did you use a canvas sheet from somewhere so it would go through the bug? I will have to get myself some of this - it looks terrific and the tutorial is great too. I will send you an email about your links in posts. LOL Hugz

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SOOOOO cool & so very artistic. LOVE this Rose-Anne! :O)

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09