Friday, April 24, 2009

CuttlebugDies and Medium Card Tutorial


1.Place the dies onto the chosen cardstock. Any colour will do as you will be altering it and the original colour may not be seen again.
2.Don't use your B plates as the dies will mark it. I have used 2 Fiskars A5 mats to cut my dies.

3.This is what the flowers look like when the die has been run through the Cuttlebug.


4.These are some of the products I have used to alter the coloured cardstock.Tim Holtz Crackle Paints and Adirondack Dabbers.


5.The Crackle Paint has a brush inside. Make sure you give the flowers a thick coat so it will crackle more. The thinner the coat the less and finer it will crackle.

If the Crackle Paint becomes too thick then just add some water. The water will not interfere with the crackle.



6. This is what the flowers will look like when altered with the different mediums.

7.Allow to dry naturally.While this is happening make up the card ready to glue your altered flowers onto using Matisse Gel Medium. This is a strong glue and dries clear.



8.Tim Holtz Distress Ink matches the Crackle Paint. Take the Distress Ink and ink around all the edges of the dies and if you want a more pronounced look ink the whole die.(the leaves have been hand drawn by me)

HINT. I noticed with some of the small leaves and flowers some of the crackle began to lift so I used a thin layer of Gel Medium over the top to stop any more lifting off and it secures the peeled off bits also.



9.Here is the finished card. The patterned paper is Apple Blossom Basic Grey. I chose this as it is yellow and had pink apple blossoms over it to tie in with the flowers.

10.I bugged the paper and then ran Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink over the raised bits and edges.

11. I used gems brads for some of the flower centres and crackled circles for others.

12. Using Gel Medium I glued the flowers and leaves into place.
13.The bow was taped on using XPress-it tape.


Close up of some of the flowers.



The leaves and yellow and dark pink flowers have been Crackled using Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed and Fired Brick Distress Paints.The pink flower has Pearl Dabber painted over the top to tone it down.The yellow flower has Tattered Rose Ink around the edges.

The blue has been painted using Adirondack Dabber Stream with Pearl over the top.

Go and create and please let me know what you make.I love to see other people's work that I have inspired.










2 Comments:

Libby Dyson said...

This tutorial is great Rose-Anne and the finished product looks wonderful. Great work and thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Unknown said...

I love those dies Rose-Anne I know they are cuttlebug can you tell me what they are called so I can hunt for them please lol. I really like how the flowers turned out once they had been crackled.
Regards
Michelle

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09