Sunday, April 26, 2009

ANZAC DAY-YESTERDAY


http://libbysscrapz.blogspot.com/2009/04/anzac-day.html
Please Check Libby's blog for her dedication to ANZAC Day.I wish I had of written this yesterday. Thanks Libby for the idea.
My Grandfather Arch Cox fought in WW1 and came home with 2 wooden legs. He was an inspiration to me. He got no counselling back then and had to cope the best way he could-sometimes through a bottle.Granddad and I were very close and he would tell me many a story about his time in the war.He would ride his bike to the bus stop and double me home from school-with his wooden legs. He drove a car for over 50 years and never got booked-far better than me.He married his love Ruby who waited for him to come home from the war. She accepted him as he was 2 wooden legs and frost bite all over his body(pink amd white skin) from lying in the snow dying. He was in the trenches in France and got gangrene in his feet. He was found luckily and by coincidence by a fellow Stockton dweller and sent to England to recover.
Thank you Granddad for putting your life at risk to make my country a better place. I appreciate what you did for not only me but for us. Australia is one of the best countries to live in and I am proud to be an Australian.
To my Granddad my HERO who I loved with all heart.Thank you Granddad for giving me my wonderful Father whom I miss everyday of my life. 2 of my favourite men who have shaped me into the person I am today.My Father was not allowed to go to WW2 because he had a trade hence he was stationed at Evan's Head in NSW. While he was boarding here he developed a dislike for Bread and Butter Pudding but soon changed his mind when my Mother made it for him.

0 Comments:

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09