Friday, March 06, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge Watercolour Card 2






This card has been bugged on Gesso primed canvas. I used watercolour pencils for this one. I coloured in with several different colours and the went over it with my finger that I dipped in a glass of water. I didn't have a brush as I wasn't at home. When it was dry I went over some of the bugged parts with a Souffle pen and made 2 flowers in more deepened areas. When all this was dry I went over the flowers and border with Crystallina Kindy Glitz. The flowers are commercial ones that have been snipped off a bunch.

10 Comments:

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful card and awesome technique..I like the 'finger' brush!!..Thanks for taking the challenge!!

Allison said...

another lovely card, great colouringthanks for joining us this week at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Cassie said...

and another great one!! love the effect of the embossing on the canvas!!! good luck with the giveaway! see you next week on the cuttlebug challenge!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Love this card, it looks like Spring! Great job with the watercolors!
Amber

Kim Sonksen said...

What a beautiful card. I love the softness of your design.
Thanks so much for playing with us

danni reid. said...

this is soft & beautiful! (i carry travel-size case of q-tips with me, they work well too...but i have them for my wee ones & boo boos...giggle) i love the palette on this one!

thank you for the beautiful inspiration over @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Lea L. said...

Very pretty...love the flowers! Great job with Be Inspired 21...thanks for participating at the Cuttlebug Challenge this week!

~Lea

Meda said...

Very beautiful! I love the flowers!
Meda

Avenueswithoutlimit said...

I luv the flowers.
You will be featured on March 12th, at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Thanks
Maggie

Captain Scrappy said...

Love the soft colors!

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09