Friday, November 28, 2008

Cuttlebug -Decorating the Impatient Way




Who would have guessed this was the same technique described by Mel on Oil Pastels and Gesso. It looks a little different because I am an impatient medium worker. LOL. I bugged the yellow(same colour as the sentiment) cardstock, put a pinkish oil pastel over the raised parts and then painted the whole lot with White Gesso. Me, being me and impatient counted to 10 and thought well this Gesso should be dry by now and proceeded to wipe it off with some lunch wrap ( I did it 10 minutes before I went to school and wanted to see the effects straight away, so lunch wrap was at hand).Well, the Oil Pastels blended into the Gesso and the Gesso went pinkish. I do like the look but some was wiping off so i gave it a squirt of the Crystallina Kindy Glitz and wiped it all over and now no problem of anything wiping off.

1 Comment:

Libby Dyson said...

Trust you Rose-Anne to be impatient waiting for the gesso to dry LOL. I love the effect too

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09