Saturday, May 30, 2009

An old student

http://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/blogs/notes-from-the-editor/lots-to-admire-in-our-schools/1518295.aspx
Check out this link to Jeff McGill's Weekly Column from the local newspaper. It is aways a thrill to see ex-students making it in life.I am very proud of Jeff and what he has accomplished.Who would have guessed that this young man (woops old now) who played tricks on me and teased me about my height and didn't do well in Biology would make it and be so successful.Then again, I always knew he would because he had a passion to write(just not that passion for Biology LOL) and he had the drive and determination. Isn't that what it's all about. Drive and determination. I must get Jeff to write my retirement notice in the paper. I have been teaching for 34 years this year and still have a few more left. If you are an ex-student and read my blog would you please drop me a line so I know what you are up to.
I will find the poem both Jeff and I wrote way back in 1985.

1 Comment:

Libby Dyson said...

Wow what a small world it really is. Great story. I will pop back later and leave some other comments. I have given you an award - check my blog for details

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09