Monday, May 11, 2009

Wedding Card




The embossed part of this card has had gesso applied to patterned paper before it was embossed. Not only did I get rid of the ghastly colour and pattern I also added bulk to the paper, which made the embossing stand out further. I used a paint brush to apply the Gesso and hence you can see the lines. I also didn't cover it with a heavy coat as I wanted some of the colour of the patterned paper to show through.This added to the rustic appearance.
The sentiment has been bugged onto metallic cardstock and sanded.
The embossed Gessoed patterned paper is on top of gold metallic cardstock.The ribbon and flower are an unknown source.

3 Comments:

Libby Dyson said...

This looks great Rose-Anne. I love what you have done with the gesso

Mrs J said...

This looks gorgeous Rose-Anne! I love the effect with the gesso, not something I've ever tried before but it's on my list! A beautiful card, thanks for playing along with us at Cuttlebug Challenges!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Meda said...

Very beautiful! I love the white-brown contrast.
Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Meda

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09