Friday, February 27, 2009

Kaisercraft and Cuttlebug Challenge #20




Here is the card I made last night based on Valerie Salmon's sketch at Cuttlebug Challenges. I used a variety of things on this card.The patterned paper and the white flower are from Kaisercraft as is the stamped Happy Birthday. I used my Fiskars ruler to trace the scallop and then hand cut out. I used my Crop-o-dial for the holes and Maya Road flower stamp to make the black flower that I stamped on white and hand cut out behind the white flower.
There are 3 Cuttlebug folders used for this card. My ever favourite swirls( on the black cardstock), the white leaves are bugged and a portion of them cut out and With Love has been sectioned from the border folder.
I had a lot of fun making this card. Thanks Valerie for the inspiration. I am liking these sketches now.


http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/02/be-inspired-20-with-valerie-salmon.html

11 Comments:

Meda said...

Thank you for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog
Love the black and white combo!
Meda

Libby Dyson said...

This is really nice Rose-Anne. I love how you have teamed the black and white together - very sophisticated. Good luck with the challenge

Cassie said...

ohhhh - this is sooo sharp! love the black and white!!! love the leaves and the botom DP paper!!

i'm so thrilled you joined us this week on the cuttlebug challenge - this is one of my favorite cards using the sketch!! good luck with the contest!!

hope to see you next week!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This sketch look fabulous in black & white, great job! BR-T

Eva said...

Ohhh...this looks fantastic!! I love your take on the sketch and the black and white combo! Thanks for playing along with us at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

love the colours, great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

danni reid. said...

love black & white palettes, and this is a gorgeous take!

thank you for such beautiful inspiration @ www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot this week

Mrs J said...

Rose-Anne, this is just so striking, I love it! So elegant with the black and white combo and beautiful details with the flower and leaves (very cleverly done!). Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along again this week at Cuttlebug Challenges.
Hugs Mrs Jx

Jenn K said...

Wonderful card!! Thanks for sharinug it with us!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the black and white color combo! Great job with Cuttlebug Be Inspired 20...thanks for joining us this week!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love the black and white together.

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09