Sunday, January 08, 2006

Today was a plus for mankind. Just when you think people are selfish and don't care somebody does something for you out of the blue. Am I being a tad too cynical here? I went down to the butcher to buy some meat as we had lost everything including our Christms ham which hadn't been touched.I was telling the girl who was serving me about our problem and the butcher overheard me and came out and presented me with a big ham and a tray of chicken pieces. I couldn't believe it, I had tears in my eyes and became emotional. He said you come here all the time and he wanted to do something for me as he understood how I felt. How nice! So we had ham for dinner tonight and I enjoyed it.

1 Comment:

~Kathryn~ said...

that is just a fabulous story - makes me all 'gooey' inside.
were you able to claim through your insurance ??

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09