Saturday, December 18, 2010

White Christmas



I think this card is self explanatory. However, to make the template I drew a triangle (isosceles). I drew the base first and then half way along the base I measured upwards how tall the tree would be and put a dot. I then joined the dot to the 2 edges of the base of the triangle. I then drew in the triangles within the triangle and numbered them and showed with an arrow which way they would go. This saves confusion and lots of time afterwards.  I then redrew the triangle and cut up the pieces as templates.
I bugged several pieces of cardstock with various Christmas folders. Then I laid the templates on the bugged cardstock and cut them out. Following the guide tree I glued the triangle pieces into the correct positions to make a tree.
There are so many variations to this tree. I think I might start creating them. So keep on watching for more.
I inked the edges with gold ink and punched a gold star for the top of the tree and stuck a fold sentiment down the side.

4 Comments:

DawnTreader said...

Very elegant, Rose-Anne!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW what a huge impact!!! this card is GORGEOUS!!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU so much for your very sweet comment on my blog!!! I wish you a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Karen W said...

Very pretty card, what a fantastic idea!!

RuthieB said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!! Such a great idea and the White on White is stunning!!!!

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09