Friday, December 03, 2010

Water Paint Distressed Flowers

Tear circles from cardstock in various sizes. I have found the thicker cardstock works best.

Crumple the circles of cardstock and soak them for a few minutes in a watery base medium. I used about 1 teaspoon of paint to about 1 cup of water and mixed. When you crumble before soaking the watery paint will accumulate in the creases for a darker colour and this adds extra colour to your flower.

Take the cardstock out of the water and re-crumble and allow to dry. This may take at least 24 hours. if you want to speed up the drying time then use your heat gun.

When dry stack the petals (circles) on top of each other and secure in the centre with a brad, button, sewing etc. I also put Chrystallina Kindy Glitz.

Side view to show depth.

1 Comment:

Turnedgypsy said...

Hello did the linking party too. I love your blog.

Giveaways I have are April Showers cricut cart, Scal Software, 1yr Paper Crafts Magazine, 36ct Bic Markers.

I am trying to win a cricut for childrens art department, so I am offering up these prizes.

http://www.facebook.com/JingerAdams

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09