Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I just managed to stuff up my computor and hence I cannot get any of my photos etc from my hard drive until next week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.This lap top is a pain also as some of the keys stick and I have to press the same key more than once.Grrrrrrrr again.

I had a fabulous birthday yesterday and was spoiled rotten especially by the kids at school. Year10 gave me a box of Belgian Chocolates and a card which had all kinds of words from the kids.Some made me laugh.

Year 11-well there were about 50 of them came down to my lab and sang me Happy Birthday twice and gave me a bunch of flowers, mug and chocolates plus a lovely card. Many of the students I do not teach now but some I have in the past. I have a lovely yr 11 Biology class. This touched me very much. They are so special. All my yr 11 students were there.

Then my Yr 12 Biology class gave me a surprise birthday party. This touched me very much also.They blew up balloons and had a cake with candles, flowers and Charlie's grandmother made Chinese noodles which was lovely. They sang Happy Birthday to me.

No wonder I love teaching-the love and respect says it all.

Then I came home and Amanda, Cooper and Brian had presents for me. This was nice as didn't expect anything.Yes Brian cooked me a chop dinner.I suppose it was the thought that counts.

All in all I had a wonderful birthday.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Yo miss !

It's meeee, Poornimaa! ahaha. Was meaning to comment you here, but didn't know if I had to sign up to something. Google is awesome =)

I'm sooo happy you liked the party! We had it all prepared out, but then the yr 11's came! But still, our party rocked more than theirs! =D Hope you liked the flowers and the card! You said you liked to be made a fuss on your birthday, & I hope you were!

You are an AMAZING teacher!! My biological mother! LOL I hope everyone in your life loves you as much as our class do! Well maybe we love you just a tiny bit moree =D

Expect to get tonnes of comments from me!

Love Poornima xx

Elissa Rose

In loving memory of my granddaughter Elissa Rose
31-5-31-5-09